"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Top Ten Reasons Why You are So Special and
(after 40 years) I'm Glad You're My Sister


  1. You always listen to me no matter if I'm crying, ranting or just feeling sorry for myself.


  2. You make friends where ever you are whether it's in a bar or at the counter of a cheese shop. ('cause you never know who you might be talking to – dotcom millionaire or local wino)


  3. You are passionate about whatever you are doing and make everyone around you care too.


  4. You always were our grandfather's favourite and he must have recognized something early on that I have only come to see with the wisdom of age.


  5. You get my boys. Each one of their quirks and eccentricities and you bring out the best in each one of them.


  6. You will spontaneously sing "It's a Long Road to Freedom" with me.


  7. You back me up when I buy yet another pair of boots (aren't we lucky to wear the same size?)


  8. You brought PJ into our lives with joy and determination despite everything you and Paddy went through.


  9. No one (except our brother and you together) makes me laugh more or harder.


  10. You know me better than anyone else. Through Monday morning temper tantrums leaving for Havergal, frat parties at McGill, Christmas parties at the farm, weddings, break ups, babies and in the not-so-distant future, teenagers. You have been there, not necessarily close by, but always at the other end of phone whether I'm drunk dialling, crying or laughing.


    Not everyone has the kind of relationship we have, I have been surprised to learn and it might be because we haven't lived under the same roof since 1978. But whatever the reason, I am so glad to have you and your little family close by to celebrate with on special occasions like this and to just hang out, spending time together. Watching PJ take his first steps between his cousins, cheering on whatever sporting endeavour the boys are participating in and every once in a while, just the two of us. And I hope we can fine sometime to do just that, - before you turn 41.







    Happy 40th Boo. I love you.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sister! You make me wish that I had a sister too - although my brother is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you two have each other. I have two sisters and am so happy I do. Hey, I didn't realize you were a Havergal girl!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin