Thursday, December 16, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Top Ten Reasons Why You are So Special and
(after 40 years) I'm Glad You're My Sister
- You always listen to me no matter if I'm crying, ranting or just feeling sorry for myself.
- You make friends where ever you are whether it's in a bar or at the counter of a cheese shop. ('cause you never know who you might be talking to – dotcom millionaire or local wino)
- You are passionate about whatever you are doing and make everyone around you care too.
- You always were our grandfather's favourite and he must have recognized something early on that I have only come to see with the wisdom of age.
- You get my boys. Each one of their quirks and eccentricities and you bring out the best in each one of them.
- You will spontaneously sing "It's a Long Road to Freedom" with me.
- You back me up when I buy yet another pair of boots (aren't we lucky to wear the same size?)
- You brought PJ into our lives with joy and determination despite everything you and Paddy went through.
- No one (except our brother and you together) makes me laugh more or harder.
- You know me better than anyone else. Through Monday morning temper tantrums leaving for Havergal, frat parties at McGill, Christmas parties at the farm, weddings, break ups, babies and in the not-so-distant future, teenagers. You have been there, not necessarily close by, but always at the other end of phone whether I'm drunk dialling, crying or laughing.
Not everyone has the kind of relationship we have, I have been surprised to learn and it might be because we haven't lived under the same roof since 1978. But whatever the reason, I am so glad to have you and your little family close by to celebrate with on special occasions like this and to just hang out, spending time together. Watching PJ take his first steps between his cousins, cheering on whatever sporting endeavour the boys are participating in and every once in a while, just the two of us. And I hope we can fine sometime to do just that, - before you turn 41.
Happy 40th Boo. I love you.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Summer is over and I just haven't had the blogging muse strike me in a very long time. But this morning I am sitting drinking my second cup of uninterrupted coffee because it's just me and the dog at home. Yes, no boys (they slept over at my Dad's) and my Other Half is off at a much deserved golf weekend with the boys. Did I mention that I had the house to myself last night? I don't think in the three years we have lived here I have been alone in it for more than a few hours. I love being alone. I watched Date Night last week and I loved the scene where Tina Fey's character describes her fantasy of being alone in a quiet hotel room with nobody touching her and drinking a Diet Sprite. I got my fantasy last night.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I've been away for a while and I am only back on a temporary basis. Life keeps getting in the way but that's okay for now. I am sure I'll be back with a blogging vengeance in September. Something about back-to-school time. In the words of that Grand & Toy ad, "It's the most wonderful time of the year ..." So for now I will simply post a couple of things I have learned lately.