Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Number of windows washed - 0
Number of hikes, bikes and walks - 2 (have to try harder on this one, no excuses)
Number of visits from Dog Catcher - 0 (not that the pup hasn't been making his rounds)
Number of Horse Rides - 2 (better than none, but still pretty pathetic)
Number of happy boys at camp - 3
Number of happy parents at home - 2
I'll let you know how the big reunion goes tomorrow with Number Three Son but it might be a while as I have a Welcome Home Party for my sister and her husband to plan (I've done nothing except invite about 40 people) and pull off on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for sun.
In the meantime go visit Jen at Harried Mom, she's got a great give-away which I am going to win but you can check out anyways.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
I know I wrote about some of the things I wanted to do while the boys were away but it was more of a wishlist and since it included things like skinny dipping after dark and which is not going to happen anytime soon, what with the temperature being about 15C or 60F. And the weather which was crappy from here to New Hampshire and back again on our three day road trip last week isn't getting any better so that rules out all the sundress-wearing and patio sipping of Pimms and Pinots I had planned.
So back to reality and with it comes the Other List I compiled leading up to the boys departure. Let's see how many of these things I accomplish.
- Touch up all the trim in the house that has been chipped and scratched by the boys and puppy over the last two years - I will do this if it kills me
- Work in the garden, weeding, transplanting, willing something to bloom in the rain and freezing temperatures
- Wash windows - oh hell, what's the point, you can't see anything out through the driving rain
- Ride my horse - I will do this at least twice, if I am lucky
- Ride my bike, walk, hike with a friend and the dogs - heading out this afternoon as promised to the pup
- Purge all the toys that the boys no longer touch in the playroom - so long Power Rangers, farewell Batman, ciao Yugioh
- Install Invisible Fence for wandering pup who has now had two visits from the local dog catcher (still can't figure out which neighbour ratted him out)
- Figure out which neighbour ratted us out to the dog catcher and drop off some fresh-baked scones (hee hee)
So that's my To Do List. I'll let you know how it is going. But the other thing I have to do is not spend all my time on line reading and coming up with witty comments for all your eloquent and hilarious posts, that I can do when the boys are home, of course.