"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Friday, February 18, 2011

And so it begins ...

My Other Half left me this morning. For two weeks. He's off on the boat show circuit and will be away for the next two weeks and, more importantly, three weekends. Gulp. He'll be missing 4 or 5 ski races, the next round of hockey playoffs, the club championships and a trip to Toronto to see Billy Elliot. The boys are already worried about who will sharpen their skis. Me? I'm more worried about taking the three of them on the subway for the first time in four years and whether I/they will survive until the second week when I hightail it to Boston for three days to help S. out at the show.

So I will take it one day at a time. Today I'm dropping the boys off at the ski hill for training and then I am heading to the barn to see if my horse remembers who I am. I haven't ridden since before Christmas and I am persona non grata amongst my riding buddies. But the temperature is well above zero this morning despite the crazy wind blowing the next cold front in from the Arctic and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Stay tuned for more updates from Single Motherland.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are going to even busier than usual! Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your first sentence I thought "oh shit". Phew! Glad it's a temporary thing though man you'll be busy. As the mother one I look up to you moms of three plus with a sort of starry eyed fascination.

    But hey, just think, diagnol sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing the details of your life, it's so different from mine :) You can keep the super cold temps - although I wouldn't mind knowing how to ride a horse :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin