I read mostly fiction but the two non fiction books, Quiet and Cleaning House, were excellent and so relevant to my own life. I wasn't very good about keeping up with my Goodreads reviews but fortunately lots of other people have. I find Goodreads to keep track of what I've read and for suggestions form other people.
So, without further ado, my Top 10 List for 2012:
- Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver (my all-time favourite author and climate change warrior)
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty (lovely story set in the roaring twenties)
- The Summer Before the Storm by Gabriele Wills (a fun find by a local self-published author)
- Quiet by Susan Cain (particularly appropriate since I am not)
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thomson Walker (a YA book that satisfied my love for all things post-Apolcalypic)
- The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown (funny, literary and sisterly)
- Coppermine by Keith Ross Leckie (an historical Who Dunnit set in the North)
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain (Hemmingway, larger than life from his wife's point of view)
- Clean House by Kay Wills Wyma (how to save your children from a pervasive sense of entitlement)
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (took me two tries to get into it)
What were your favourites of the past year?