"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday, I'm in love

I am, but that's old news of course, just like this song from The Cure. Tonight I am looking forward to sushi and a movie with my Other Half while the boys are at the semi-final game of the Memorial Cup with my Dad. Tomorrow we have to get the mast up on the sailboat rain or shine (rain, most likely) so that we can get out on the water when summer finally decides to grace us with its presence. Tomorrow night its Lobsterfest when 1200 of our closest friends gather at the local hockey arena to eat crustaceans, drink draft and dance on the beer and butter-slicked rink floor. Only in a small town you say? Pity. Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. Have you read Kyran Pittman's Planting Dandelions yet? It's a wonderful compliation of her blog posts and essays about life as a transplanted Newfie living in Arkansas, wife and MOB.

2 comments:

  1. That does look like an interesting book.

    We are finally getting spring here, except it jumped right to summertime heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin