"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Going Old School

With the three boys' ski, hockey and school schedules plus boat shows and work I now have a calendar on the fridge, one hanging on the wall, one on my laptop and one on my phone and even though I sync and cross-reference them regularly I still can't keep all the practices, races, projects and training straight so when a seemingly unflappable mother of three pulled out this on the weekend I knew where I'm headed in 2012 - old school. Back to pen and paper. It isn't just that I have always loved paper and notebooks but having gone to school in the pre-computer age I remember things so much better when I write them down. Of course I still have my Kate Spade leopard print Filofax but I don't need the address list which is sadly out of date anymore so I think I'll keep it simple with just the planner. Now I'm ticking off the days on all my calendars until it arrives (along with Season One of Downton Abbey!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin