"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just when you think no one is reading

The only thing better than seeing your followers go up is getting an award from a fellow blogger whom you admire. Jen at Harried Mom of Four has bestowed upon me an award and I am beyond thrilled to be thought of as "honest" The great thing about bloggers is you get a sense pretty quickly if they are for real or not. Although why anyone would take or have the time to create an entirely fictional persona is beyond my realm of understanding. But then it might be fun to be a young, single woman living in Australia writing about magazines. But I digress, Jen is definitely one of the real ones and she and I get the same sense of relief that some where across a border someone else is going through the same s**t as me. When my kids were younger a friend of mine moved to St Louis and at the time we wished for some sort of technology (it's called a webcam now) that would let us peer into one another's houses and see that we were both going through the same thing. Instead we would ring each other up at 4 o'clock her time and 5 o'clock mine and tinkle the ice cubes in our glasses and toast one another.









But back to the the award, ten honest things about me:


  1. If I had to give up all foods but one it would be cheese which I know comes in many different forms which is why I chose it



  2. The first blog I followed was naturally nina who couldn't be less like me which was probably why I loved her



  3. I wish I was a morning person but not enough to get up early



  4. I love all my children equally just not necessarily at the same time (if you have more than one you know what I mean)



  5. The real reason I like living in a small town is that I can be a big fish in a little pond, that and I don't ever have to parallel park the Suburban


  6. I really don't like watching hockey whether my son is playing or not


  7. I used to think I looked like Meg Ryan, now I am glad I don't


  8. I worry I will inherit my father's mother's wrinkles but not her metabolism and my mother's mother's metabolism but not her smooth skin and end up looking like a Shar Pei dog


  9. I love end of the world movies & books so I will be renting 2012 when it comes out on DVD, plus I love John Cusak, so what more could I ask for?

  10. One of my new favourite shows is called Lie to Me, really.


Here are my choices - all very different but all very honest (I think)



Alyson at New England Living


Tanis at Attack of the Redneck Mommy (now she is honest on TV)

Koreen at Wacky Mummy

Sarah at Clover Lane


Jess at Drowning in Kids

5 comments:

  1. You also possess an honest to goodness great sense of humour! I love # 3 and 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up at a few of those, the metabolism one and the Meg Ryan ones, especially.

    I think that my blogger spotlight works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephanie and Beth. And Otin, you bet your boots it does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being honest too... saves so much time on wondering and caring what others might think! ;)
    Love #7.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin