"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Friday, January 28, 2011

Does anyone know how to be in three places at once?

Here are a few of the reasons that I will neither be blogging or reading for the next few days. These aren't excuses, just a snapshot of my life right now which I know so many of you will understand and raise your glass of wine in solidarity with me as mothers of far too active, but not over-programmed boys. There is no such thing as over programming of boys since if you dare to let them sit around too long, much like over-ripe fruit, they start to stink and attract flies.

Friday - boys have already left for the ski hill with my Other Half. Numbers Two and Three are training and Number One has a race. Then we get home in time to tune skis for tomorrow's races while Number One is at the arena for hockey practice.

Saturday - Number Two and I go to one hill for a race while Numbers One & Three go to our club for training. All reconvene at the end of the day to tune skis (again), take Number One skating with his ski team, Number Three has a party and then we dump them all with my sister so my Other Half & I can enjoy a rare kid-free party at friends!

Sunday - Number Three goes to another club for a race, then all are back to our club for the afternoon and all race, on three different courses on three different hills which requires the two of us to be in three places at once. The upside of this is that the dog finally gets a decent walk from one hill to another. Then Number Three has another party and Number One has hockey practice and a relief map of Alberta showing the mountains and plains made out of dough to finish.

Love winter but can't wait to be able to sleep in past 7am sometime in April.

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. This brings back memories of having 3 kids playing baseball at the same time. At least 2 were on the same team in Farm League, while the oldest played softball. Oh, and we had just one vehicle so getting to practices and games was quite an endeavor.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, my daughter is on a dance competition team, son is in scouts & football when It's the season, and right now we are trying to work, drive kids to school & activities with only one vehicle, and It certainly is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord -- maybe you can catch a few winks in the stands - haha...well, those days go by quickly and I know you'll enjoy the time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to have a BOTTLE of wine with you here...I'm struggling as it is with the one boy and a girlie just starting into her programs. I cannot imagine three. Hope you enjoyed your party yesterday!
    But major kudos that your boys are so, so physically active and not sitting on their rumps. That's a major achievement these days.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin