"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Friday, January 7, 2011

A New Years Resolution (sort of)


My Dad and the Group of Seven


I know I have been a terrible blogger these last few months and despite my few and far between postings I still managed to have finally made it up and over 100 followers, a personal goal of mine set a while ago after hovering at 99 for what seemed like years.

And while I am not making any promises about regular postings, I will attempt to be more reliable for those who do stop by every once in a while - in between getting kids to the ski hill, hockey rink and work during these cold, dark days of winter while my husband is away hitting the boat show circuit across the Northeast.

So, in the interests of bringing a little sunshine into everyone's day here are a few photos from our family trip to Naples, FL for Christmas. It was a special one organized by my Dad and the first time all seven cousins had been together since the youngest was born a year and a half ago. We lucked out on the weather, it warmed up the day we arrived stayed that way until we left.


The whole famdamily




Snorkelling at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park (not John Mellencamp, as I kept referring to it) in Key Largo (I hope my brother will send me more of his underwater photos, especially the one of the kids chasing a 5 foot Black Tipped Reef Shark!


They came to bury PJ and to praise him.


Number Two Son spent hours practising skim boarding
(Here he has lost the board)



They kayak and yak, yaked.




They were the Alligator Hunters
(100's of them were out soaking up the rays after the cold weather)




They went in the Gulf which was not very warm, even by Canadian standards.

More photos to follow one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Certainly different Christmas weather for you! And what a treat to get the family together like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin