"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You like me, you really like me!



This is my first ever award, The Smoking Typewriter. How exciting is that? I feel like I have finally arrived in the blogosphere. So to Mama Goose, I thank you. I always knew I liked you for a reason, not just because you're from my favourite place in the USA.



Here are the rules:


• Post the picture of the award - as if I wouldn't


• Link back to the blogger who awarded me - see above



• Google my name and share the results. (Gee, I've never done that before)



So under Cid they are:


From the Chicago Journals - Clinical Infectious Diseases - Yikes!


From Wikipedia - known as El Cid Campeador, lived from 1040 to 1099, in Valencia, a Castilian nobleman, a gifted military leader and diplomat - Toro, Toro!


The Canadian Importers Database provides lists of companies importing goods into Canada, by product, by city and by country of origin. - zzzzzzzzz ....


And finally there is what I think is an Indian TV show that I can't understand a word of called "The Case of the Missing Bride." Don't know what it has to do with Cid, but maybe someone can translate for me.



And finally,


• Share the love

Beth - she writes the way I would love to someday

Nicky Jane - she gives me a peek into a parallel universe

Maggie May - she makes me love poetry again

Clare - she writes about what is real

Rebecca - she writes and writes and writes




Thanks again Mama Goose, this was fun.






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving the award!
    Thanks for passing it along and for your kind words...
    Can't imagine what Googling "Beth" will result in, but I'll give it a go!

    (Maybe I should try "Elisabeth" ???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law is also Beth, but to bug her we call her Betty. Maybe you should google that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! I checked out the blogs you suggested. V. good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You deserve it. :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And, you know, right? that we all like you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having yet another proud moment this week Congratulations Cid! Aren't you so glad you started blogging!!??
    Continue to enjoy, explore and inspire. . . but most of all give you passion the attention it deserves in a place where it can be appreciated.
    xo Beth (NOT Betty!)
    (I did have to use as my cover name, in light of your recent comment to the other Beth. Didn't want to confuse things. STOP - I can hear you laughing from Victoria!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin